North Bay News
Man accused of abusing puppy on GG Bridge
GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE (KGO) -- A 23-year-old transient from San Rafael is in the Marin County Jail on suspicion of kicking, dragging, and swinging a 10-week-old puppy from a leash on the Golden Gate Bridge.
The picture above is of Paul Golyer after his attempted armed robbery arrest in Arizona last year.
He was arrested Thursday night after bridge police saw him kicking and dragging the puppy on the walkway.
Golyer is charged with felony cruelty to an animal, and could face prison time and a fine.
The puppy is at the Marin Humane Society animal shelter in Novato. A spokesperson for the shelter says the puppy is in "guarded condition" with "traumatic pulmonary contusions," or lung bruising.
golden gate bridge, animals in peril, north bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 54 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 41 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies 44 min ago
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans 33 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown