North Bay News
High-speed pursuit ends in drunken driving arrest
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A 52-year-old Lake County man was arrested in Santa Rosa early Sunday morning after leaving the scene of a crash and leading officers on a high-speed pursuit, according to police.
Officers responded to a 911 call reporting a hit-and-run crash near Hoen Avenue and Farmers Lane at about 12:45 a.m., according to Santa Rosa police.
The crash victim was able to follow the fleeing vehicle and give a description to police.
Officers spotted the vehicle near Brookwood and Sonoma avenues and tried to stop it, but the driver refused to pull over, allegedly reaching 80 mph in an attempt to flee, police said.
The driver -- later identified as Jimmy Jimenez -- lost control on Highway 12 just east of Farmer's Lane and crashed into a guard rail. No one was injured.
Jimenez was arrested for drunken driving and evading arrest and booked at Sonoma County jail.
The incident remains under investigation.
santa rosa, lake county, sonoma county, police chase, DUI, crime, north bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 9 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos