North Bay News
High-speed pursuit ends in drunken driving arrest
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A 52-year-old Lake County man was arrested in Santa Rosa early Sunday morning after leaving the scene of a crash and leading officers on a high-speed pursuit, according to police.
Officers responded to a 911 call reporting a hit-and-run crash near Hoen Avenue and Farmers Lane at about 12:45 a.m., according to Santa Rosa police.
The crash victim was able to follow the fleeing vehicle and give a description to police.
Officers spotted the vehicle near Brookwood and Sonoma avenues and tried to stop it, but the driver refused to pull over, allegedly reaching 80 mph in an attempt to flee, police said.
The driver -- later identified as Jimmy Jimenez -- lost control on Highway 12 just east of Farmer's Lane and crashed into a guard rail. No one was injured.
Jimenez was arrested for drunken driving and evading arrest and booked at Sonoma County jail.
The incident remains under investigation.
santa rosa, lake county, sonoma county, police chase, DUI, crime, north bay news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party 6 min ago
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants 49 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos