North Bay News
High-speed pursuit ends in drunken driving arrest
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A 52-year-old Lake County man was arrested in Santa Rosa early Sunday morning after leaving the scene of a crash and leading officers on a high-speed pursuit, according to police.
Officers responded to a 911 call reporting a hit-and-run crash near Hoen Avenue and Farmers Lane at about 12:45 a.m., according to Santa Rosa police.
The crash victim was able to follow the fleeing vehicle and give a description to police.
Officers spotted the vehicle near Brookwood and Sonoma avenues and tried to stop it, but the driver refused to pull over, allegedly reaching 80 mph in an attempt to flee, police said.
The driver -- later identified as Jimmy Jimenez -- lost control on Highway 12 just east of Farmer's Lane and crashed into a guard rail. No one was injured.
Jimenez was arrested for drunken driving and evading arrest and booked at Sonoma County jail.
The incident remains under investigation.
santa rosa, lake county, sonoma county, police chase, DUI, crime, north bay news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 12 min ago
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Bank robbery suspect shot in San Rafael 18 min ago
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday