North Bay News
Firefighter delivers baby 1st day on the job
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- A Northern California firefighter has quite a story to tell after his first day on the job. Anthony Bellamy delivered a baby during his first day at work as a Fairfield firefighter.
The mother went into labor so suddenly, there was only time to call 911. Bellamy arrived just 10 minutes before a healthy seven-pound baby girl came into the world.
"It's just the luck of the draw, that could be our next call; that's the thing, you never know, got everything set up and it happened," Bellamy said.
Bellamy did have a little personal experience. He became a father just six weeks ago, though his daughter was delivered in a hospital by a doctor.
fairfield, pregnancy, children, north bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday