North Bay News
Firefighter delivers baby 1st day on the job
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- A Northern California firefighter has quite a story to tell after his first day on the job. Anthony Bellamy delivered a baby during his first day at work as a Fairfield firefighter.
The mother went into labor so suddenly, there was only time to call 911. Bellamy arrived just 10 minutes before a healthy seven-pound baby girl came into the world.
"It's just the luck of the draw, that could be our next call; that's the thing, you never know, got everything set up and it happened," Bellamy said.
Bellamy did have a little personal experience. He became a father just six weeks ago, though his daughter was delivered in a hospital by a doctor.
fairfield, pregnancy, children, north bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case