North Bay News
Two arrested after man robs credit union, woman drives getaway vehicle
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A man suspected of robbing a credit union and a woman who picked him up in the getaway vehicle were quickly captured Monday near the apartment they shared, police said.
David Lanterman, 51, and Ashley McSweeney, 29, were booked into the Sonoma County Jail on robbery charges and Santa Rosa police detectives are investigating their involvement in other area robberies, police said.
Police received a report at 11:40 a.m. Monday that a suspect had entered the Redwood Credit Union at 1205 N. Dutton Ave., exhibited what looked like a handgun and demanded money.
The suspect escaped with an unknown amount of cash and, according to witnesses, entered a white pickup truck that drove away, police said.
From the description of the getaway vehicle, officers spotted a similar truck in the 2100 block of West Steel Lane, driven by a woman identified as Sweeney, police said.
After police stopped the truck, the person in the passenger seat got out and ran into a nearby apartment complex, while the driver stayed in the truck and was detained, police said.
Police entered the apartment and detained Lanterman.
Officers later obtained a search warrant for the apartment where Lanterman and Sweeney lived and recovered evidence of a robbery that led to their arrests, police said.
Anyone with information about these suspects is urged to contact the Santa Rosa Police Department's violent crimes investigations team at (707) 543-3590.
crime, santa rosa, north bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery 37 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire 38 min ago