North Bay News
One-year memorial held for slain Vallejo police officer
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at Vallejo High School were among the community members who came to honor Officer Jim Capoot at City Hall Saturday, one year after his death in the line of duty.
Officer Capoot was killed after a high-speed chase and foot pursuit of a bank robbery suspect.
He coached the girls basketball team at the high school and was remembered for his involvement in the local community.
Capoot's wife, Jennifer, spoke at the memorial, "And Jim loved coming to work every day. He loved his girls at Vallejo High School. He talked about them like they were his own girls. And Jim loved this community, he loved working here and I want to thank you all for loving him back."
Officer Capoot is survived by Jennifer and their three daughters. He was a 19 year veteran of the force.
vallejo, crime, shooting, police chase, north bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire 23 min ago
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race 14 min ago
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday