North Bay News
One-year memorial held for slain Vallejo police officer
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at Vallejo High School were among the community members who came to honor Officer Jim Capoot at City Hall Saturday, one year after his death in the line of duty.
Officer Capoot was killed after a high-speed chase and foot pursuit of a bank robbery suspect.
He coached the girls basketball team at the high school and was remembered for his involvement in the local community.
Capoot's wife, Jennifer, spoke at the memorial, "And Jim loved coming to work every day. He loved his girls at Vallejo High School. He talked about them like they were his own girls. And Jim loved this community, he loved working here and I want to thank you all for loving him back."
Officer Capoot is survived by Jennifer and their three daughters. He was a 19 year veteran of the force.
vallejo, crime, shooting, police chase, north bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday