North Bay News
One-year memorial held for slain Vallejo police officer
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at Vallejo High School were among the community members who came to honor Officer Jim Capoot at City Hall Saturday, one year after his death in the line of duty.
Officer Capoot was killed after a high-speed chase and foot pursuit of a bank robbery suspect.
He coached the girls basketball team at the high school and was remembered for his involvement in the local community.
Capoot's wife, Jennifer, spoke at the memorial, "And Jim loved coming to work every day. He loved his girls at Vallejo High School. He talked about them like they were his own girls. And Jim loved this community, he loved working here and I want to thank you all for loving him back."
Officer Capoot is survived by Jennifer and their three daughters. He was a 19 year veteran of the force.
vallejo, crime, shooting, police chase, north bay news
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 4 min ago
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday