North Bay News
Two shot outside nightclub in San Rafael
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- Two men were injured in a shooting outside a busy nightclub in San Rafael early this morning, according to a police lieutenant.
Police responded to the shooting at Club 101, located at 815 Francisco Blvd. West at about 12:45 a.m., according to San Rafael police Lt. Dan Fink.
Based on the initial police investigation, a physical altercation occurred amongst patrons inside the nightclub and spilled out into the club's parking lot, Fink said.
When police arrived at the nightclub, two victims were located with gunshot wounds. The victims were transported to Marin General Hospital with injuries not considered to be life threatening, Fink said.
Officers reported a large crowd of possibly more than 100 people in the club's parking lot.
Police located multiple firearms at the scene of the shooting and detained two people for unrelated violations, Fink said.
The shooting remains under investigation and police are speaking with witnesses.
Police had not made any arrests in connection to the shooting as of 6 a.m., according to Fink.
shooting, san rafael, north bay news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela 1 min ago
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- National memorial to be held for Nelson...
1 min ago