North Bay News
Two shot outside nightclub in San Rafael
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- Two men were injured in a shooting outside a busy nightclub in San Rafael early this morning, according to a police lieutenant.
Police responded to the shooting at Club 101, located at 815 Francisco Blvd. West at about 12:45 a.m., according to San Rafael police Lt. Dan Fink.
Based on the initial police investigation, a physical altercation occurred amongst patrons inside the nightclub and spilled out into the club's parking lot, Fink said.
When police arrived at the nightclub, two victims were located with gunshot wounds. The victims were transported to Marin General Hospital with injuries not considered to be life threatening, Fink said.
Officers reported a large crowd of possibly more than 100 people in the club's parking lot.
Police located multiple firearms at the scene of the shooting and detained two people for unrelated violations, Fink said.
The shooting remains under investigation and police are speaking with witnesses.
Police had not made any arrests in connection to the shooting as of 6 a.m., according to Fink.
shooting, san rafael, north bay news
- NYC building explodes, 11 minor injuries reported 20 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos