North Bay News
Vallejo man arrested in shooting death of teen
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- A Vallejo father is in custody, accused of killing a teenager who was fighting with his son. Police say it started as an argument over a girl, and quickly escalated into gunfire.
Family members returned to Robles Way in Vallejo Sunday morning to see where 17-year-old Gary White Jr. was shot to death after a party a block or so away.
"I could never picture myself burying my youngest brother, I could never picture that," said the victim's brother, Leland Harrison. "But now I gotta live with that, you feel me? I have to, and I gotta move on. It hurt, right now, so bad, that don't nobody know. But I'm gonna keep it that way."
Relatives identify the victim as 17-year-old Gary White Jr. They say he was a junior at a local high school, hoping to get a college basketball scholarship.
Just after 3:30 a.m. Sunday, neighbors were awakened by a loud argument involving a group that was outside a house. Among them was the teenager.
One neighbor told ABC7 News, "Next thing I know, I heard somebody screaming, I couldn't' understand what she was saying, and next thing I know, you just hear shots fired, at least four to five, six shots."
Police say one teenager called his father, who returned with a gun, "One of the combatants contacted a family member," said Vallejo Officer Sidney de Jesus. "In this case, his father. He responded to the area and was identified as witnesses as being responsible for the shooting."
Police tracked down 44-year-old Randee Damar Williams and took him into custody.
"We were able to obtain information as to where the individual lived and we made contact with him and subsequently had him come out of his home and took him into custody without incident," de Jesus said.
Police are not searching for any other suspects.
This is the 21st homicide this year in Vallejo.
vallejo, shooting, crime, guns, north bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos