North Bay News
Highway 1 likely to remain closed until Friday
A mud- and rockslide has closed state Highway 1 north of Jenner on the Sonoma Coast until at noon on Friday, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The roadway is closed between Meyers Grade Road and Timber Cove Road north of Fort Ross.
A supervisor with the Sonoma County Transportation and Public Works Department's roads division discovered the slide around 1:08 p.m., CHP Officer Dave Thomas said.
Caltrans spokesman Adam Priest said this afternoon that the closure will be in effect until further notice.
Northbound traffic will be directed off of the highway at Meyers Grade Road and will re-enter Highway 1 at Fort Ross Road, Priest said.
Southbound traffic will exit at Fort Ross Road and re-enter at Meyers Grade Road, Priest said.
Motorists are advised to allow extra travel time to reach their destinations, Priest said.
sonoma, highway 1, north bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 51 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF police investigating shooting in the Outer Mission 8 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos