North Bay News
3 arrested for Carquinez Bridge toll plaza robberies
VALLEJO, CA (KGO) -- Three men have been arrested in connection with a string of robberies at the Carquinez Bridge toll plaza.
The men, all Vallejo residents, are accused of taking part in a crime spree that began in the fall of last year and continued through the spring of this year.
According to the CHP, the three men would drive up to the toll booths on the Carquinez Bridge, usually show weapons, demand money, and off they would go.
Complicating the investigation, the robbers would wear ski masks and they would drive stolen cars.
"It's been a year and a half long investigation," CHP investigator Matt Werle said. "I worked with Vallejo police and I just figured out who were the car thieves in Vallejo and was kind of making sure I figured out where they were at and doing surveillance on them. And then I just figured out who was who, and then we had some evidence, and evidence was submitted, and we went from there."
The three men are identified as 30-year-old Chris Miller, 43-year-old Robert White, and 47-year-old David Morales. The CHP says the men are tied to three of the 10 robberies of toll-takers that occurred during this crime spree.
The entire 10 robberies netted a total of about $6,000.
According to investigators, more arrests are expected.
vallejo, carquinez bridge, crime, CHP, north bay news, terry mcsweeney
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday