North Bay News
Jason Weber named new Marin County Fire Dept. chief
MARIN COUNTY -- The Marin County Board of Supervisors named Jason Weber the new Marin County Fire Department Chief this week.
Weber, 36, who was serving as interim chief since Chief Ken Massucco retired in March after 37 years with the fire department, was selected to head the 86-member department from a pool of 49 applicants and seven finalists.
Weber was a volunteer with the Schell-Vista Fire Protection District in the Sonoma Valley for 20 years and served as president of the California Fire Exploring Association for the past 10 years.
"I look forward to working with all our communities to ensure Marin remains the safest place to live, work and enjoy," Weber said.
Weber lives in Novato with his wife and two children.
The Marin County Fire Department has six fire stations, two fire lookouts and a 12-member crew. There are 86 employees, 60 seasonal firefighters and 25 volunteers.
The Marin County Fire Department's annual operating budget is approximately $19.4 million.
Weber's salary is $171,954.
marin county, north bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 2 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 12 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 9 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the test 11 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 8 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir 28 min ago
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates...
28 min ago