North Bay News
Crews continue search for man near Mare Island
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Dive teams are hoping to get back into the waters off Mare Island this morning to search for a missing man, presumed to have fallen into the bay.
Seventy-seven-year-old Phillip Mattingly was last seen on a tugboat next to the vintage war ship Saturday. It's believed the retired mechanical engineer fell overboard while finishing up his work. Vallejo police officers do not suspect any foul play in his disappearance. Divers were in the water yesterday, but did not locate Mattingly.
vallejo, boats, missing person, heart disease, diabetes, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos