North Bay News
Hearing postponed in case of teen accused of Lambo theft
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Marin County teen accused of stealing a TV celebrity chef's Lamborghini and shooting at two people was back in court Thursday morning.
Attorneys for 18-year-old Max Wade are challenging the complaint against him. Thursday, the judge in the case postponed the hearing until Monday.
Police say Wade stole Chef Guy Fieri's $200,000 car last year so he could impress a girl. After she rejected him, Wade is accused of shooting at a car in Mill Valley with the girl and her boyfriend inside.
A judge ruled in October there is enough evidence against Wade and ordered the teen to stand trial on various charges, including attempted murder.
marin county, mill valley, crime, shooting, celebrity, north bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan