North Bay News
Off-duty CHP officer killed in motorcycle collision
SOLANO COUNTY, Calif. -- An off-duty California Highway Patrol officer riding a personal motorcycle was killed in a traffic collision outside of Fairfield tonight, the CHP said.
The collision was reported at 5:50 p.m. on state Route 12, CHP Officer Chris Parker said.
A Toyota pickup truck was driving east and attempting to make a left turn into a driveway across the road.
But while making the turn, the driver saw a motorcycle coming towards the pickup. The pickup's driver attempted to accelerate to get out of the way of the motorcycle, but did not make it across the highway in time and the motorcycle struck the rear of the truck.
The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike and hit the front of a Honda driving on the other side of the road.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene, and identified as an off-duty CHP officer, Parker said.
CHP, fairfield, solano county, north bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing 46 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos