North Bay News
Off-duty CHP officer killed in motorcycle collision
SOLANO COUNTY, Calif. -- An off-duty California Highway Patrol officer riding a personal motorcycle was killed in a traffic collision outside of Fairfield tonight, the CHP said.
The collision was reported at 5:50 p.m. on state Route 12, CHP Officer Chris Parker said.
A Toyota pickup truck was driving east and attempting to make a left turn into a driveway across the road.
But while making the turn, the driver saw a motorcycle coming towards the pickup. The pickup's driver attempted to accelerate to get out of the way of the motorcycle, but did not make it across the highway in time and the motorcycle struck the rear of the truck.
The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike and hit the front of a Honda driving on the other side of the road.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene, and identified as an off-duty CHP officer, Parker said.
CHP, fairfield, solano county, north bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday