North Bay News
Suspect in San Rafael Transit Center shooting ID'd
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding the suspect in a shooting that injured a man at the San Rafael Transit Center on Friday afternoon.
Police identified 24-year-old Solano County parolee Ladrakeous Sonny Dean as the suspect in the attempted murder that wounded a 22-year-old man at the transit center on Tamalpais Avenue in San Rafael around 1 p.m. Friday.
According to police, the victim was on Platform D when Dean pulled up next to the platform, got out of a gold sedan and shot him at close range.
The victim ran from the gunman but collapsed and was taken to Marin General Hospital, where he remained as of Saturday afternoon. He is expected to survive his injuries, police said.
Law enforcement agencies are on the lookout for Dean, who was on parole for a home invasion robbery at the time of the shooting, according to police.
Police said the suspect is 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs about 185 pounds with dark hair, eyes and a dark complexion. He is considered armed and dangerous, and anyone who sees him is asked to call 911 immediately.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call San Rafael police at (415) 485-3000 or the Crime Stoppers tip line at (800) 222-8477. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.
san rafael, shooting, crime, highway 101, north bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record 9 min ago
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 8 min ago
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday