North Bay News
Man found at Point Pinole shoreline ID'd
VALLEJO, Calif. -- The body of a man found at Point Pinole Regional Shoreline on Sunday morning has been identified as Philip Mattingly, the Contra Costa County coroner's office confirmed.
The 77-year-old Fair Oaks man was found in the water near the northwest corner of the park. His body was discovered around 11:20 a.m.
The cause of death remains under investigation. Anyone with information is encouraged to call investigators at (510) 881-1833.
vallejo, boats, missing person, heart disease, diabetes, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF 9 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school 47 min ago
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info 13 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday