North Bay News
Santa travels by seaplane to deliver toys to kids
MILL VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Christmas came early for a group of kids in Marin City this year when Santa Claus landed his seaplane bringing gifts.
Santa Claus admits the seaplane is a bit of a non-traditional ride for him. But you know, the reindeer gotta rest up for Christmas.
On Wednesday afternoon, jolly old Saint Nick made a smooth splashdown in the Bay to bring some early Christmas presents to some lucky kids.
The plane came from Seaplane Adventures in Marin.
And the kids came from a 22-year-old organization called Performing Stars that helps kids from low-income areas like Marin City get involved with the arts. They were pretty jazzed about Santa's new ride.
Santa explained it this way, "You know, I'm a very busy man on Christmas Day, and sometimes I have to try to get ahead."
"We know Santa came in on a sleigh, and not in a plane, so this is pretty cool to me to be honest," Marin mother Kiki Stewart said.
"It was good, it was great and it was awesome," Camron McDonald said. "And he waved at us and said ho ho ho, and everyone that's watching Channel 7, I wish them a merry Christmas."
There were more than 40 kids at Wednesday's event. Each got a toy, a book, and some homemade cookies.
Performing Stars says they're having another even bigger toy drive this weekend.
marin city, christmas, holiday, santa claus, children, north bay news, jonathan bloom
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday