North Bay News
Body of woman found floating in pond
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A resident of a Santa Rosa apartment complex discovered the body of an elderly woman floating in a pond Wednesday morning.
The resident spotted the 70-year-old woman's body around 9 a.m. in a landscaped lagoon at the Woodlake apartment complex on Woodlake Drive, police Sgt. Eric Goldschlag said.
Goldschlag said the woman was not a resident of the apartment complex, and that investigators are still looking into the circumstances of her death.
santa rosa, north bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday