North Bay News
Man arrested after alleged DUI with kids in the car
PETALUMA, Calif. -- A man was arrested for alleged child endangerment and driving under the influence in Petaluma Saturday.
Around 1:30 p.m. Saturday, a Petaluma community service officer spotted a car parked in a red zone in front of Safeway in the Washington Square Shopping Center in Petaluma, police said.
When the officer tried to speak to the car's driver, the man fled the area.
Officers were called to the area and located the driver, identified as 45-year-old Thad Summary of Petaluma.
Police said the officers determined that Summary had been driving under the influence with two small children in the car.
The children, who were uninjured, were released to their mother.
Summary was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and child endangerment and taken to county jail where he was being held on $25,000 bail as of Saturday afternoon.
DUI, petaluma, crime, north bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday