North Bay News
Popular Point Reyes beached closed
POINT REYES NATIONAL SEASHORE, Calif. (KGO) -- A popular beach at Point Reyes is closed because of a large gap in an access road.
Officials at Point Reyes National Seashore say the culvert under Limantour Road failed and opened up a big hole.
The road, which leads to Limantour Beach, is now closed until further notice.
The closure also affects vehicle access to the park's trailheads, hostel, and education center.
point reyes, north bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF 10 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 7 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 24 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- Mom bites dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos