North Bay News
Vietnam War veterans plaque stolen in Petaluma
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A bronze plaque honoring 15 local Vietnam War veterans has been stolen.
Police say thieves cut the plaque from its base at Walnut Park in Petaluma.
The plaque is about 25 inches wide and about 30 inches long. It's been in the park since the mid 1970s.
Local veterans groups now say they are mobilizing to raise funds to replace that plaque.
petaluma, north bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup 54 min ago
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer 35 min ago
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
35 min ago