North Bay News
Vietnam War veterans plaque stolen in Petaluma
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A bronze plaque honoring 15 local Vietnam War veterans has been stolen.
Police say thieves cut the plaque from its base at Walnut Park in Petaluma.
The plaque is about 25 inches wide and about 30 inches long. It's been in the park since the mid 1970s.
Local veterans groups now say they are mobilizing to raise funds to replace that plaque.
petaluma, north bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos