North Bay News
Body found at Petaluma recycling center ID'd
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- Sonoma County sheriff's detectives have identified the man whose body was discovered at a Petaluma recycling facility, but they still don't know how he died.
Luis Gomez-Diaz, 30, is originally from Mexico. However, he has lived in both Santa Rosa and Eureka.
He would sometimes stay with family members, but was a known transient.
A worker found the body at a recycling facility in Petaluma Friday afternoon.
Investigators say Gomez-Diaz did not work at Novato Disposal Services.
There are no obvious signs of trauma, but detectives are still treating the death as suspicious.
petaluma, north bay news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire 9 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station 20 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos