North Bay News
Dead man found inside trunk of his own car
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office is investigating a man's body found Monday night in the trunk of a car parked on Petaluma Hill Road across the street from Sonoma State University.
A new twist developed in the case Tuesday morning when it was revealed that the man was found in the trunk of his own car. Detectives believe someone left the vehicle on Petaluma Hill Road on Saturday. Deputies found it Monday night and inside, they found the body of a man later identified as 31-year-old Sean Francis Parker.
Police also discovered some blood in the driver's seat which they believe came from the Parker's girlfriend during an incident last Friday night. "A domestic violence incident occurred in Santa Rosa on Friday night involving our deceased and his girlfriend," said Lt. Dennis O'Leary with the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department. "We don't know at this time if that incident is related to what occurred here, if there was some other factors involved in this case."
Parker was the suspect in that incident and investigators confirm his girlfriend was the victim. Police say the couple had a history of domestic violence, but they also say they spoke to the female, cleared her, and that she is not a suspect in her Parker's murder.
Investigators say Parker had addresses listed in both Santa Rosa and Vallejo. Police have not yet said how Parker was killed. The investigation into his death continues.
sonoma county, rohnert park, crime, murder, north bay news, amy hollyfield
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 43 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes 9 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos