North Bay News
Man arrested for alleged DUI hit-and runs in Petaluma
PETALUMA, Calif. -- A man was arrested in Petaluma this week after allegedly crashing into parked cars while driving under the influence of drugs, police said.
Around 11 p.m. Wednesday, a witness reported that he was following a silver Volkswagen Passat that appeared to have been freshly damaged. The witness then located a parked truck in the 100 block of D Street that also appeared to have just been damaged by another vehicle, according to police.
Police said the witness caught up to the suspect vehicle, which he saw crash into another parked car in the 200 block of Bassett Street. Both parked cars were unoccupied.
Officers located the Volkswagen near the intersection of B and Fair streets and made a traffic stop.
Police said the driver, identified as 56-year-old Kevin Odea of Petaluma, was the only one inside the car.
Officers determined that Odea had been driving under the influence of drugs. He was taken to Petaluma Valley Hospital for medical treatment, arrested on suspicion of DUI hit-and-runs and released on a citation to appear in court.
Anyone with information about these crashes is asked to call Petaluma police at (707) 778-4372.
petaluma, DUI, crash, crime, north bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 25 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 28 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 14 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed