North Bay News
Man arrested for alleged DUI hit-and runs in Petaluma
PETALUMA, Calif. -- A man was arrested in Petaluma this week after allegedly crashing into parked cars while driving under the influence of drugs, police said.
Around 11 p.m. Wednesday, a witness reported that he was following a silver Volkswagen Passat that appeared to have been freshly damaged. The witness then located a parked truck in the 100 block of D Street that also appeared to have just been damaged by another vehicle, according to police.
Police said the witness caught up to the suspect vehicle, which he saw crash into another parked car in the 200 block of Bassett Street. Both parked cars were unoccupied.
Officers located the Volkswagen near the intersection of B and Fair streets and made a traffic stop.
Police said the driver, identified as 56-year-old Kevin Odea of Petaluma, was the only one inside the car.
Officers determined that Odea had been driving under the influence of drugs. He was taken to Petaluma Valley Hospital for medical treatment, arrested on suspicion of DUI hit-and-runs and released on a citation to appear in court.
Anyone with information about these crashes is asked to call Petaluma police at (707) 778-4372.
petaluma, DUI, crash, crime, north bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire