North Bay News
Marin County to honor gun buyback vouchers
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (KGO) -- The Marin County district attorney's office has announced it will make good on the gun buyback vouchers that were handed out earlier this month.
The buyback event overwhelmed officials. More than 800 guns were turned in and $43,000 in donations went quickly, so $67,000 worth of vouchers were handed out.
The voucher redemption will take place February 15th at the Marin Center in San Rafael from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information about the voucher redemption event click here.
marin county, guns, violence, north bay news
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search 36 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- SF police search for suspect after officer shot 1 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 47 min ago
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case