North Bay News
Underage Marin County DUI arrests doubled in 2012
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol in Marin County arrested twice as many teenagers 18 years old or younger in 2012 for driving under the influence compared to 2011.
In 2011, Marin area CHP officers arrested 10 people 18 years old or younger for driving under the influence. That number ballooned to 20 in 2012, according to the CHP.
However, officers made 10 fewer DUI arrests for underage drinkers between the ages of 19 and 20, the CHP said.
In 2011, officers in Marin arrested 50 people between 19 and 20 years old for driving under the influence. This past year, officers arrested 40 people between 19 and 20 on the same offence, the CHP said.
The arrests were primarily made on freeways and unincorporated county roadways within the CHP jurisdiction.
More information about the Marin CHP can be found on its Twitter page at www.twitter.com/CHPMarin.
marin county, DUI, driving, north bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest 1 min ago
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum 3 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos