North Bay News
Underage Marin County DUI arrests doubled in 2012
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol in Marin County arrested twice as many teenagers 18 years old or younger in 2012 for driving under the influence compared to 2011.
In 2011, Marin area CHP officers arrested 10 people 18 years old or younger for driving under the influence. That number ballooned to 20 in 2012, according to the CHP.
However, officers made 10 fewer DUI arrests for underage drinkers between the ages of 19 and 20, the CHP said.
In 2011, officers in Marin arrested 50 people between 19 and 20 years old for driving under the influence. This past year, officers arrested 40 people between 19 and 20 on the same offence, the CHP said.
The arrests were primarily made on freeways and unincorporated county roadways within the CHP jurisdiction.
More information about the Marin CHP can be found on its Twitter page at www.twitter.com/CHPMarin.
marin county, DUI, driving, north bay news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move 20 min ago
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Floating floors put to the test by Consumer Reports
- Person killed by train at Hayward BART station 11 min ago
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
31 min ago
- Quan says Oakland won't just let A's go
20 min ago
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
24 min ago