North Bay News
Underage Marin County DUI arrests doubled in 2012
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol in Marin County arrested twice as many teenagers 18 years old or younger in 2012 for driving under the influence compared to 2011.
In 2011, Marin area CHP officers arrested 10 people 18 years old or younger for driving under the influence. That number ballooned to 20 in 2012, according to the CHP.
However, officers made 10 fewer DUI arrests for underage drinkers between the ages of 19 and 20, the CHP said.
In 2011, officers in Marin arrested 50 people between 19 and 20 years old for driving under the influence. This past year, officers arrested 40 people between 19 and 20 on the same offence, the CHP said.
The arrests were primarily made on freeways and unincorporated county roadways within the CHP jurisdiction.
More information about the Marin CHP can be found on its Twitter page at www.twitter.com/CHPMarin.
marin county, DUI, driving, north bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family 1 min ago
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Crews investigating cause of water main break
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work 41 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday