North Bay News
Missing 13-year-old girl found dead in Fairfield park
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- We're learning more about the 13-year-old girl whose body was found in Allan Witt Park in Fairfield Friday morning.
I just got briefed from a Fairfield police sergeant who says they do not have a suspect, but they are looking through a lot of surveillance video.
The 13-year-old was discovered Friday around 6 a.m. According to the man who found her, the girl was naked, slumped over, and her skin was very cold.
Eric May tells me there were no signs of trauma and there was no blood. In fact, he thought she was a mannequin and that someone was playing some kind of cruel joke.
"It looked like she was just dragged out of her car and thrown there, like a bag of trash" May said. And it made me sick once I realized that that was a human being and that was a body."
Fairfield resident Olivia Griffin added, "It's heartbreaking to know a teenage girl could end up dead in a park here."
This whole thing has really affected this community.
Police are purposely not releasing too many details because of the girl's young age. They say they will not confirm her name or how she died.
We do know she was a seventh grader at Green Valley Middle School in Cordelia, and her foster parents reported her missing Thursday after school.
fairfield, suisun city, crime, murder, children, missing person, north bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school 22 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate 54 min ago
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 16 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos