North Bay News
Missing 13-year-old girl found dead in Fairfield park
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- We're learning more about the 13-year-old girl whose body was found in Allan Witt Park in Fairfield Friday morning.
I just got briefed from a Fairfield police sergeant who says they do not have a suspect, but they are looking through a lot of surveillance video.
The 13-year-old was discovered Friday around 6 a.m. According to the man who found her, the girl was naked, slumped over, and her skin was very cold.
Eric May tells me there were no signs of trauma and there was no blood. In fact, he thought she was a mannequin and that someone was playing some kind of cruel joke.
"It looked like she was just dragged out of her car and thrown there, like a bag of trash" May said. And it made me sick once I realized that that was a human being and that was a body."
Fairfield resident Olivia Griffin added, "It's heartbreaking to know a teenage girl could end up dead in a park here."
This whole thing has really affected this community.
Police are purposely not releasing too many details because of the girl's young age. They say they will not confirm her name or how she died.
We do know she was a seventh grader at Green Valley Middle School in Cordelia, and her foster parents reported her missing Thursday after school.
fairfield, suisun city, crime, murder, children, missing person, north bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 13 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
9 min ago
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
13 min ago