North Bay News
Search still on for man missing in Annadel State Park
A Sonoma County Sheriff's Office search and rescue team is still looking today for a despondent Sacramento man who was last seen Saturday in Annadel State Park east of Santa Rosa.
The 34-year-old man followed a Lawndale Road resident in his Ford pickup through the gate of her private property around 9 a.m. Saturday, Sonoma police Lt. Bret Sackett said.
The man told the woman her animals looked sad and she should make them happy. The woman said his speech was normal but he was not making any sense, Sackett said.
The man abandoned his vehicle and then walked into the park, and responding deputies determined it was registered to a Sacramento resident, Sackett said.
The man's family members said he was despondent over marital problems and in a note he left, he said he was going to visit family in New York, according to Sackett.
The man had not answered his phone or contacted friends, and he is considered at-risk because he is distraught, Sackett said.
Search and rescue teams from Marin, Alameda and Contra Costa counties and state and Sonoma County park rangers searched for the man until early Sunday morning.
The missing man is 6 feet 6 inches tall, weighs about 185 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a T-shirt, blue jeans, black and orange athletic shoes, a tan, heavy, canvas jacket and possibly a baseball cap.
The man is not known to be dangerous or to carry weapons, according to the sheriff's office.
Sackett said deputies spoke to many of the estimated 1,500 hikers and horse and bicycle riders in the park Sunday but no one reported seeing the man.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to call the sheriff's office at (707) 565-2650.
missing person, sonoma county, search and rescue, north bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire