North Bay News
Search still on for man missing in Annadel State Park
A Sonoma County Sheriff's Office search and rescue team is still looking today for a despondent Sacramento man who was last seen Saturday in Annadel State Park east of Santa Rosa.
The 34-year-old man followed a Lawndale Road resident in his Ford pickup through the gate of her private property around 9 a.m. Saturday, Sonoma police Lt. Bret Sackett said.
The man told the woman her animals looked sad and she should make them happy. The woman said his speech was normal but he was not making any sense, Sackett said.
The man abandoned his vehicle and then walked into the park, and responding deputies determined it was registered to a Sacramento resident, Sackett said.
The man's family members said he was despondent over marital problems and in a note he left, he said he was going to visit family in New York, according to Sackett.
The man had not answered his phone or contacted friends, and he is considered at-risk because he is distraught, Sackett said.
Search and rescue teams from Marin, Alameda and Contra Costa counties and state and Sonoma County park rangers searched for the man until early Sunday morning.
The missing man is 6 feet 6 inches tall, weighs about 185 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a T-shirt, blue jeans, black and orange athletic shoes, a tan, heavy, canvas jacket and possibly a baseball cap.
The man is not known to be dangerous or to carry weapons, according to the sheriff's office.
Sackett said deputies spoke to many of the estimated 1,500 hikers and horse and bicycle riders in the park Sunday but no one reported seeing the man.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to call the sheriff's office at (707) 565-2650.
missing person, sonoma county, search and rescue, north bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 27 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 49 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday 16 min ago
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
18 min ago
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
49 min ago