North Bay News
Fairfield police identify 13-year-old murder victim
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Fairfield police have identified Genelle Renee Conway-Allen as the 13-year-old Suisun City girl who was found dead in Alan Witt Park in Fairfield on Friday morning.
Police also released photos of Genelle, one of which was taken at the intersection of East Tabor Avenue and Grande Circle in Fairfield minutes before she was last seen, Sgt. Matthew Bloesch said.
She was last seen wearing the clothes that appear in the photo: a gray sweater, blue jean-style leggings and a pink backpack.
Suisun City police said Genelle was reported missing around 5:45 p.m. Thursday by her foster home guardian.
Genelle was a student at Green Valley Middle School in Fairfield. School officials did not return phone calls today.
A man walking in Alan Witt Park found her body in the parking lot around 6:45 a.m. Friday, police said.
Fairfield and Suisun City police have been working non-stop on the case since her body was found, Bloesch said.
Police plan to hold a news conference Wednesday to discuss the investigation.
Fairfield police are focused on solving Genelle's murder, but they need your help. They've set up a tip line: 1 (707) 428-7345. Police are planning a news conference on Wednesday to give a progress report.
fairfield, suisun city, crime, murder, children, missing person, north bay news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Crews control two-alarm grass fire in San Jose
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 49ers Michael Crabtree tears right Achilles tendon 39 min ago
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- Helen Mirren steps in to help grant dying boy's wish 22 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos