North Bay News
Fairfield police won't say how teen was killed
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Fairfield police are not disclosing how a 13-year-old Suisun City girl was murdered, but they said reports that a gray minivan might be involved are inaccurate.
At a news conference this afternoon, police released a statement from the family of Genelle Conway-Allen, whose naked body was found by a passerby in a parking lot on the south side of Allan Witt Park in Fairfield around 6:45 a.m. Friday.
"This has been a devastating tragedy for our family and community. We need to thank everyone for the outpouring of support at the memorial site," the family said.
After thanking police for working hard on the investigation, the family said they are still in a state of shock and asked for privacy.
"Thank you for your love and support during this difficult time," the family said.
Conway-Allen, who lived in a foster home, was last seen during the late afternoon hours on Jan. 31 in the vicinity of Railroad Avenue in Suisun City, Sgt. Matthew Bloesch said.
In what police said was a photo taken minutes before she was last seen, the teen was wearing a gray sweater, blue jean-style leggings and a pink backpack.
Bloesch said police are not releasing information that might hinder the investigation, and that Suisun City and Fairfield police will investigate the homicide "in a professional, consistent and strategic manner" until the suspect or suspects have been identified, located and arrested.
Police also reminded parents to teach children what to do if they are approached or followed and to make every effort to escape and attract attention to themselves.
Anyone who saw Conway-Allen between Thursday afternoon and Friday morning is asked to call Fairfield police at (707) 428-7345.
fairfield, suisun city, crime, murder, children, missing person, north bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 19 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms 4 min ago
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 26 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings 40 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 31 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos