North Bay News
Three shot in Vallejo during home invasion
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Vallejo police are looking for two gunmen who shot three people in a home invasion early this morning. It happened on McDougal Street.
The two armed men kicked in the front door of the residence at 3:40 a.m.
"It's crazy especially right here, out of all houses," said neighbor Angel Ramos.
Police, neighbors and relatives are all asking -- why this house? De Troung is wondering if it's because of a purchase his brother recently made.
"My brother did buy the best TV a couple of weeks back, it cost about $3,000. That was the most expensive thing he bought recently," said Troung.
The three people inside were all taken to the hospital.
The daughter who is about 19 or 20-years-old was the first to come face to face with the men. She was shot in the finger.
"The second homeowner to confront the suspects was a male in his 20s. He was shot in the face," said Vallejo Police Dept. Lt. Kenny Park.
And then their mother was shot in the hip. Detectives have spent the morning trying to find a motive, but so far have not found one.
"I'm not sure exactly why they were specifically targeted, but at this point we are treating it as a random act," said Park.
"We don't have problems with anybody," said Troung.
The dad in the family was away at work when the shootings took place.
The shooting victims are all expected to recover.
vallejo, shooting, home invasion, north bay news, amy hollyfield
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan