North Bay News
Search suspended for missing man in Annadel State Park
The search for a missing Sacramento man in Annadel State Park was suspended Thursday afternoon, a Sonoma police lieutenant said.
Between 250 and 300 professional searchers on foot, horses, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and with dog teams participated in the six-day search for 34-year-old Jason Kyles, who was last seen in the park on Saturday, police Lt. Brett Sackett said.
Search and rescue teams from Marin, Alameda, Sonoma and Contra Costa counties searched for Lyles until early Sunday morning. Kyles' family considered him at risk because he was likely distraught over marital issues, Sackett said.
The family also said he had stopped using medical marijuana, and in a note he stated he intended to visit family members in New York, according to Sackett.
Kyles abandoned his Ford pickup truck on private property on Lawndale Road Saturday morning after speaking with a woman who lived on the property, Sackett said.
He also was reportedly seen naked and chanting in the park east of Santa Rosa on Saturday.
The search extended to the nearby Oakmont retirement community Tuesday after a hand and footprint were found in that area of the park.
Sackett said unless there is another "actionable lead", such as a sighting of Kyles or his contact with his family, the search has been suspended.
missing person, sonoma county, search and rescue, north bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 47 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 52 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos