North Bay News
1 dead, 4 wounded after shooting in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Vallejo police need help solving a gun battle that ended with one dead and four wounded.
Police have not made any arrests and do not have any good leads yet. Residents in the area said all of the gunshots startled them, but they weren't surprised.
The gunshots came so fast and there was so many of them that some people thought they were fireworks, including Terry Regan's family, but he knew what it was and immediately went into defensive mode.
"Last night I'm just sitting in the living room with my kid and you just hear multiple shots. So the only thing I could do was grab my kid and get him down because I didn't know where the bullets were flying," said Regan.
Police said five people were shot in and around a garage of a home at Eastwood and Humboldt streets around 8:30 last night. One woman and four men were struck.
"Three of the victims transported themselves to area hospitals and two of the gunshot victims remained at the house," said Vallejo Police Lt. Kenny Park.
One of the men died and another is in critical condition. Police said all of the victims are in their 20s.
Residents said a man and a woman live in the residence, but many neighbors said they have not had a chance to get to know them.
"They just moved here like a month ago and there has been a whole bunch of raucous and stuff ever since," said Regan.
Vallejo resident Tim Vandendrock said he wasn't shocked when he heard the shots coming out of the home.
"There was a fight out here Friday and then we heard a couple of shots out there that Saturday night. It has just been progressing and it was a matter of time before it happened," said Vandendrock.
Vandendrock said watching the violence happen around his young daughter makes him nervous.
"It kind of worries me, bullets can go through any home and hurt anyone," said Vandendrock.
Police said the shooting remains under investigation and no motive has been released.
vallejo, shooting, crime, north bay news, amy hollyfield
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 23 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle 58 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 44 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos