North Bay News
1 dead, 4 wounded after shooting in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Vallejo police need help solving a gun battle that ended with one dead and four wounded.
Police have not made any arrests and do not have any good leads yet. Residents in the area said all of the gunshots startled them, but they weren't surprised.
The gunshots came so fast and there was so many of them that some people thought they were fireworks, including Terry Regan's family, but he knew what it was and immediately went into defensive mode.
"Last night I'm just sitting in the living room with my kid and you just hear multiple shots. So the only thing I could do was grab my kid and get him down because I didn't know where the bullets were flying," said Regan.
Police said five people were shot in and around a garage of a home at Eastwood and Humboldt streets around 8:30 last night. One woman and four men were struck.
"Three of the victims transported themselves to area hospitals and two of the gunshot victims remained at the house," said Vallejo Police Lt. Kenny Park.
One of the men died and another is in critical condition. Police said all of the victims are in their 20s.
Residents said a man and a woman live in the residence, but many neighbors said they have not had a chance to get to know them.
"They just moved here like a month ago and there has been a whole bunch of raucous and stuff ever since," said Regan.
Vallejo resident Tim Vandendrock said he wasn't shocked when he heard the shots coming out of the home.
"There was a fight out here Friday and then we heard a couple of shots out there that Saturday night. It has just been progressing and it was a matter of time before it happened," said Vandendrock.
Vandendrock said watching the violence happen around his young daughter makes him nervous.
"It kind of worries me, bullets can go through any home and hurt anyone," said Vandendrock.
Police said the shooting remains under investigation and no motive has been released.
vallejo, shooting, crime, north bay news, amy hollyfield
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 22 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole 10 min ago
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge 9 min ago
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo 20 min ago
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail 25 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos