North Bay News
Man arrested for allegedly contacting girl for sex
NOVATO, Calif. -- Novato police have arrested a Santa Rosa man suspected of attempting to meet up with a 13-year-old girl for sex, a police sergeant said.
Raymond Severt, 53, allegedly sent sexually explicit messages to the girl and attempted to arrange a meeting with her in Novato, Sgt. Michael Howard said.
On Monday, Severt drove to Novato, where he was arrested around 6:15 p.m. in the area of South Novato Boulevard and Gateway Court, Howard said.
Lt. Jennifer Welch said Severt met the girl online and arranged to meet her in person.
Severt was booked into Marin County Jail on suspicion of attempting to commit lewd and lascivious acts, contacting a minor with intent to commit sexual offenses, and attempting to annoy or molest a child under age 18, Howard said.
The jail booking log no longer lists him in custody today.
The investigation is continuing, Howard said.
novato, santa rosa, children, sex crimes, north bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 50 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 52 min ago
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan 6 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting 40 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday