North Bay News
Two injured when speedboat collided with ferry
TIBURON, Calif. (KGO) -- Two people were injured after their small speedboat collided with a ferry in Raccoon Strait, a waterway just south of Tiburon.
Officials say the boat was traveling at a high rate of speed around 4:30 p.m. Saturday when it struck a ferry that was traveling from Sausalito to San Francisco. The smaller boat was seriously damaged in the collision.
Santa Clara resident Angeles Lechuga saw the two people being carried off the speedboat, "The first guy that they took off was completely not moving, they were doing the CPR for a long time, he was just not moving" she said. "The second guy that they took out was just in shock, you could see him shaking, his legs were shaking.
According to Golden Gate Highway Transportation District spokesperson Mary Currie, the ferry was carrying about 500 people. None of those aboard the ferry were injured in the collision.
That Coast Guard is interviewing witnesses to try to get an idea how this happened.
The two people injured were transported by helicopter to Marin General Hospital.
marin county, tiburon, sausalito, coast guard, crash, boats, north bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos