North Bay News
One killed in crash east of Sonoma
SONOMA, Calif. -- Napa Road is shut down east of the city of Sonoma Monday afternoon because of a fatal crash, a California Highway Patrol officer said. The crash was reported at 11:46 a.m. on Napa Road at Burnale Road, near the Napa County line.
The crash was reported at 11:46 a.m. on Napa Road at Burnale Road, near the Napa County line. Initial reports indicated that the crash involved a gray Volvo SUV and a white Toyota Corolla, CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene, he said. The circumstances of the collision remain under investigation.
There is no estimate yet for when the roadway will reopen, Bartlett said.
crash, sonoma, sonoma county, north bay news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 28 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 20 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 41 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos