North Bay News
One killed in crash east of Sonoma
SONOMA, Calif. -- Napa Road is shut down east of the city of Sonoma Monday afternoon because of a fatal crash, a California Highway Patrol officer said. The crash was reported at 11:46 a.m. on Napa Road at Burnale Road, near the Napa County line.
The crash was reported at 11:46 a.m. on Napa Road at Burnale Road, near the Napa County line. Initial reports indicated that the crash involved a gray Volvo SUV and a white Toyota Corolla, CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene, he said. The circumstances of the collision remain under investigation.
There is no estimate yet for when the roadway will reopen, Bartlett said.
crash, sonoma, sonoma county, north bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued