North Bay News
One killed in crash east of Sonoma
SONOMA, Calif. -- Napa Road is shut down east of the city of Sonoma Monday afternoon because of a fatal crash, a California Highway Patrol officer said. The crash was reported at 11:46 a.m. on Napa Road at Burnale Road, near the Napa County line.
The crash was reported at 11:46 a.m. on Napa Road at Burnale Road, near the Napa County line. Initial reports indicated that the crash involved a gray Volvo SUV and a white Toyota Corolla, CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene, he said. The circumstances of the collision remain under investigation.
There is no estimate yet for when the roadway will reopen, Bartlett said.
crash, sonoma, sonoma county, north bay news
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward 55 min ago
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall 36 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos