North Bay News
Suspect arrested in Forestville triple homicide case
A man suspected of killing three men in the Forestville area earlier this month has been arrested in Alabama, according to the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office.
Mark William Cappello, 46, was arrested on Valentine's Day at 3 p.m. in Mobile, Ala., by the Mobile County Sheriff's Office.
On Feb. 5, the men were found dead in a cabin. They were waiting for someone who was going to sell them marijuana, a Sonoma County sheriff's lieutenant said.
"People associated with the victims said it was a pot deal gone bad. We believe the victims were associated with another involved party. The victims were the buyers," Lt. Dennis O'Leary said.
The sheriff's office has identified the victims as Richard Lewin, 46, of Huntington, N.Y., Raleigh Butler, 26, a former Petaluma resident who most recently was living in the Lake Tahoe area, and Todd Klarkowski, 42, of Boulder, Colo.
Butler's brother and Butler's brother's girlfriend, who called 911, found the bodies in the bedroom of a cabin on a property at 9707 Ross Station Road, O'Leary said. He said it's believed the shootings happened around noon.
Butler's brother told investigators he was expecting a call from his brother and became concerned and went to the home when he did not hear from him for four to six hours, O'Leary said. Butler's mother was renting a home on the property but was out of state when the murders occurred.
Sonoma County sheriff's detectives have been in Colorado for the past week collecting evidence and conducting interviews.
Cappello, who is a resident of Central City, Colo., is expected to be transferred to the Sonoma County jail.
The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with information related to this investigation to call (707) 565-2185.
murder, crime, shooting, sonoma county, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 43 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes 30 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 17 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos