North Bay News
Madeleine Albright book tour lands in Bay Area
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright spoke before a full house at Dominican University in San Rafael Thursday night.
ABC7's Cheryl Jennings asked Albright about her childhood during World War II, the Nazi invasion and being in a prison ghetto. She also said that new Secretary of State John Kerry faces challenges in Asia, China, Latin America and Africa.
"Every part of the world has been heard from and his challenge is really trying to figure out what the first things are that he's going to do," Albright said.
She is in the Bay Area promoting a new book titled "Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War."
north bay news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday