North Bay News
Madeleine Albright book tour lands in Bay Area
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright spoke before a full house at Dominican University in San Rafael Thursday night.
ABC7's Cheryl Jennings asked Albright about her childhood during World War II, the Nazi invasion and being in a prison ghetto. She also said that new Secretary of State John Kerry faces challenges in Asia, China, Latin America and Africa.
"Every part of the world has been heard from and his challenge is really trying to figure out what the first things are that he's going to do," Albright said.
She is in the Bay Area promoting a new book titled "Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War."
north bay news
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area 20 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button 49 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos