North Bay News
Memorial concert to be held for Alyssa Byrne
raw video: Missing Petaluma teen news conference
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A memorial concert will be held in downtown Petaluma Saturday night to help raise money in the name of Petaluma college student Alyssa Byrne.
Byrne had attended a New Year's Eve concert in South Lake Tahoe and was found dead of hypothermia 1.5 miles away from the venue.
A former classmate from Casa Grande High School is raising funds to buy a memorial bench bearing her name. Jay Donnellan he has booked seven Bay Area rappers to perform Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the Phoenix Theater.
A portion of funds raised will also be donated to the Polly Klaas Foundation to help fund a new buddy program.
petaluma, lake tahoe, missing person, holiday, new year's eve, north bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 8 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros 34 min ago
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
8 min ago