North Bay News
Memorial concert to be held for Alyssa Byrne
raw video: Missing Petaluma teen news conference
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A memorial concert will be held in downtown Petaluma Saturday night to help raise money in the name of Petaluma college student Alyssa Byrne.
Byrne had attended a New Year's Eve concert in South Lake Tahoe and was found dead of hypothermia 1.5 miles away from the venue.
A former classmate from Casa Grande High School is raising funds to buy a memorial bench bearing her name. Jay Donnellan he has booked seven Bay Area rappers to perform Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the Phoenix Theater.
A portion of funds raised will also be donated to the Polly Klaas Foundation to help fund a new buddy program.
petaluma, lake tahoe, missing person, holiday, new year's eve, north bay news
- Police make arrest after officer shot in San Francisco 4 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 16 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Police make arrest after officer shot in...
4 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
50 min ago