North Bay News
Memorial concert to be held for Alyssa Byrne
raw video: Missing Petaluma teen news conference
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A memorial concert will be held in downtown Petaluma Saturday night to help raise money in the name of Petaluma college student Alyssa Byrne.
Byrne had attended a New Year's Eve concert in South Lake Tahoe and was found dead of hypothermia 1.5 miles away from the venue.
A former classmate from Casa Grande High School is raising funds to buy a memorial bench bearing her name. Jay Donnellan he has booked seven Bay Area rappers to perform Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the Phoenix Theater.
A portion of funds raised will also be donated to the Polly Klaas Foundation to help fund a new buddy program.
petaluma, lake tahoe, missing person, holiday, new year's eve, north bay news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 36 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
16 min ago