North Bay News
19-year-old Vallejo man killed in crash
NAPA, Calif. -- A young Vallejo man died and two Fairfield teens were injured in a one-car crash northeast of Napa on Sunday afternoon, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
Adam Luzzi, 18, of Fairfield, was driving a 1984 Honda Civic south on Monticello Road, part of state Highway 121, about a mile south of Circle Oaks Drive, when the car went off the road and down an embankment around 1:30 p.m., CHP Officer Garrett Ray said.
The Honda overturned and landed on its roof in a creek, trapping Luzzi and passengers Antonio Del Castillo, 17, of Fairfield, and Cody Dalen, 19, of Vallejo, Ray said.
A CHP sergeant on patrol in the area came upon people who had been caravanning with the occupants of the Honda, and who had stopped at the crash scene, Ray said.
The sergeant climbed down the embankment before fire and emergency medical personnel arrived, Ray said.
Dalen was pronounced dead at the scene, and Luzzi suffered major injuries, Ray said. He was taken to Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa and was in stable condition this morning, hospital spokeswoman Vanessa De Gier said.
Del Castillo suffered moderate injuries and was also taken to Queen of the Valley Medical Center but was not in the hospital this morning, De Gier said.
Ray said there is no indication alcohol was a factor in the crash, but that speed may have played a role.
crash, napa, north bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday