North Bay News
Drakes Bay Oyster Co. to remain open during court battle
Drakes Bay Oyster Company will stay open while it fights for its future. A federal appeals court ruled Monday that the farm, at the Point Reyes National Seashore, can continue to operate while it appeals a federal decision.
The Interior Department allowed Drakes' lease to expire so the area could be returned to wilderness. The court ruled in favor of the oyster farm, saying there are serious legal questions raised about closing the farm.
Both sides are set to be back in court in May.
food, point reyes, north bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan