North Bay News
Vallejo City Council meeting overrun by protestors
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Vallejo Times-Herald reports that Vallejo police and Solano County Sheriff's deputies had to step in after protesters took over a city council meeting Tuesday night.
Close to 50 protesters arrived inside the City Council Chambers about a half hour after the 6 p.m. meeting started. They took over the sound system once council members retreated to a back room.
The demonstrators were there to protest 10 officer-involved shootings in the city last year.
Police and sheriff's deputies were able to get the protesters to take their demonstration outside.
vallejo, protest, shooting, north bay news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 45 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos