North Bay News
Vallejo City Council meeting overrun by protestors
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Vallejo Times-Herald reports that Vallejo police and Solano County Sheriff's deputies had to step in after protesters took over a city council meeting Tuesday night.
Close to 50 protesters arrived inside the City Council Chambers about a half hour after the 6 p.m. meeting started. They took over the sound system once council members retreated to a back room.
The demonstrators were there to protest 10 officer-involved shootings in the city last year.
Police and sheriff's deputies were able to get the protesters to take their demonstration outside.
vallejo, protest, shooting, north bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday