North Bay News
Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run in Santa Rosa
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Police are looking for a driver that fatally struck a pedestrian in Santa Rosa this afternoon and fled the scene.
Officers responded to the collision in the 4600 block of Montgomery Drive at 1:08 p.m. and found the victim on the side of the road, police said.
Initial reports said that the driver had fled the scene before police arrived.
The male victim was checked by medical responders but was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity has not been released.
Witnesses told police that the victim had been struck by a light-colored newer model Mercedes and that the driver was a white or Hispanic man in his 30s with dark hair.
The suspect was last seen driving east on Montgomery Drive, possibly with front-end damage.
Montgomery Drive was closed for traffic while police investigated until about 5 p.m.
Anyone with information about the collision has been asked to call Santa Rosa police at (707) 543-4108.
santa rosa, hit and run, crash, north bay news
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 2 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 6 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos