North Bay News
Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run in Santa Rosa
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Police are looking for a driver that fatally struck a pedestrian in Santa Rosa this afternoon and fled the scene.
Officers responded to the collision in the 4600 block of Montgomery Drive at 1:08 p.m. and found the victim on the side of the road, police said.
Initial reports said that the driver had fled the scene before police arrived.
The male victim was checked by medical responders but was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity has not been released.
Witnesses told police that the victim had been struck by a light-colored newer model Mercedes and that the driver was a white or Hispanic man in his 30s with dark hair.
The suspect was last seen driving east on Montgomery Drive, possibly with front-end damage.
Montgomery Drive was closed for traffic while police investigated until about 5 p.m.
Anyone with information about the collision has been asked to call Santa Rosa police at (707) 543-4108.
santa rosa, hit and run, crash, north bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- 7.5 preliminary magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 28 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 4 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos