North Bay News
Bay Area man tries flying with umbrella
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (KGO) -- A Bay Area man tried his hand a being Mary Poppins.
"Going to see if the umbrella actually slows you down like Mary Poppins' does," said Erik Roner.
Roner was born in San Rafael and is a professional skier and B.A.S.E. jumper.
New video shows him cut loose from the bottom of the hot air balloon holding a specially-made umbrella. He soars through the skies until the umbrella breaks up.
No worries though, Roner uses the parachute strapped to his back to stick the landing.
san rafael, north bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire