North Bay News
Vallejo supermarket evacuated after gas leak
VALLEJO, Calif. -- The Island Pacific Supermarket in Vallejo was evacuated Thursday afternoon when a gas believed to be Freon leaked from a refrigeration unit, a Vallejo Fire Department spokesman said.
Firefighters responded at 1:30 p.m. to a report of a hazardous materials situation at the market at 2110 Springs Road in the Springstowne Shopping Center, spokesman Mark Libby said.
Fire crews shut off the leak and called the Solano County Hazardous Materials team, Libby said.
Some of the Freon gas was coming through the front door of the market, but no immediate injuries were reported, Libby said. There were no reports of residences being evacuated, Libby said.
vallejo, gas leak, evacuation, hazmat, north bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday