North Bay News
Vallejo supermarket evacuated after gas leak
VALLEJO, Calif. -- The Island Pacific Supermarket in Vallejo was evacuated Thursday afternoon when a gas believed to be Freon leaked from a refrigeration unit, a Vallejo Fire Department spokesman said.
Firefighters responded at 1:30 p.m. to a report of a hazardous materials situation at the market at 2110 Springs Road in the Springstowne Shopping Center, spokesman Mark Libby said.
Fire crews shut off the leak and called the Solano County Hazardous Materials team, Libby said.
Some of the Freon gas was coming through the front door of the market, but no immediate injuries were reported, Libby said. There were no reports of residences being evacuated, Libby said.
vallejo, gas leak, evacuation, hazmat, north bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday