North Bay News
Vallejo supermarket evacuated after gas leak
VALLEJO, Calif. -- The Island Pacific Supermarket in Vallejo was evacuated Thursday afternoon when a gas believed to be Freon leaked from a refrigeration unit, a Vallejo Fire Department spokesman said.
Firefighters responded at 1:30 p.m. to a report of a hazardous materials situation at the market at 2110 Springs Road in the Springstowne Shopping Center, spokesman Mark Libby said.
Fire crews shut off the leak and called the Solano County Hazardous Materials team, Libby said.
Some of the Freon gas was coming through the front door of the market, but no immediate injuries were reported, Libby said. There were no reports of residences being evacuated, Libby said.
vallejo, gas leak, evacuation, hazmat, north bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries 56 min ago
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos