North Bay News
Rohnert Park man allegedly attacked roommate with machete
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. -- A dispute between roommates in Rohnert Park early Saturday morning turned violent when a man allegedly slashed his roommate with a machete, public safety officials said.
Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety dispatchers received a report around 3:45 a.m. of an assault in an apartment in the 900 block of Civic Center Drive, according to public safety personnel.
Officers arrived at the apartment two minutes later and found a 22-year-old man lying on a couch suffering from severe cuts to his face and leg. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Public safety officials said the victim and a roommate identified the suspect as a third roommate, 21-year-old Kyle Sorensen.
Officers learned that the two roommates had gotten into an argument, during which Sorensen slashed the victim in the face and legs with a machete.
Sorensen was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and mayhem and taken to Sonoma County Jail, where he is being held on $1 million bail, public safety officials said.
An update on the victim's condition was not immediately available.
rohnert park, crime, north bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 8 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service 57 min ago
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
8 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter...
57 min ago