North Bay News
Rohnert Park man allegedly attacked roommate with machete
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. -- A dispute between roommates in Rohnert Park early Saturday morning turned violent when a man allegedly slashed his roommate with a machete, public safety officials said.
Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety dispatchers received a report around 3:45 a.m. of an assault in an apartment in the 900 block of Civic Center Drive, according to public safety personnel.
Officers arrived at the apartment two minutes later and found a 22-year-old man lying on a couch suffering from severe cuts to his face and leg. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Public safety officials said the victim and a roommate identified the suspect as a third roommate, 21-year-old Kyle Sorensen.
Officers learned that the two roommates had gotten into an argument, during which Sorensen slashed the victim in the face and legs with a machete.
Sorensen was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and mayhem and taken to Sonoma County Jail, where he is being held on $1 million bail, public safety officials said.
An update on the victim's condition was not immediately available.
rohnert park, crime, north bay news
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment 34 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday