North Bay News
Woman allegedly assaults roomate with bat at pot grow
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. -- The Marin County Sheriff's Office is investigating a baseball bat assault in Inverness Park where 700 marijuana plants were growing in two buildings on the property, a sheriff's lieutenant said.
Deputies responded around 7:30 a.m. to what was reported as an attempted murder at 11 Redwood Ave., Lt. Doug Pittman said. A 26-year-old woman, one of three roommates living on the property, assaulted another roommate in the head with the bat while he was sleeping, Pittman said. The wounded man sought help from his other roommate who drove him to a hospital, Pittman said. On the way to the hospital, the suspect chased the victim and other roommate in her orange-colored van on Sir Francis Drake Boulevard through Inverness Park, ramming her van twice into the victim's car before fleeing, Pittman said. The two roommates arrived at the hospital where the victim was treated for his injuries, Pittman said. Sheriff's deputies found approximately 700 marijuana plants inside two buildings on the property, and an investigation is under way to determine a cause for the attack, Pittman said.
marin county, crime, marijuana, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge 4 min ago
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 30 min ago
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos