North Bay News
One killed, three injured in wreck on Hwy 101
NOVATO, Calif. -- One person was killed and three people were seriously injured in a vehicle collision just north of Novato on northbound U.S. Highway 101 this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A passerby reported initially the collision, located in unincorporated Marin County, just south of the Sonoma County line near Olompali State Historic Park, at about 2:15 a.m., according to the CHP.
At least one vehicle was involved in the collision, according to the CHP.
Four occupants were inside the vehicle when it traveled off the roadway and into a ditch.
A tow truck with at least 50 feet of cable was requested to haul the vehicle from the ditch, according to the CHP.
One person was pronounced deceased at the scene of the collision and three people were transported to nearby hospitals with major injuries.
Two occupants of the vehicle were transported to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital and one occupant was transported to Marin General Hospital, according to the CHP.
The name of the deceased victim is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation, according to the CHP.
traffic, novato, marin county, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force 38 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday